Following the tremendous success of our launch title LYTTON ("The SF noir of Blade Runner had it been realised in London", We Are Cult, "The opening chapter shows great promise", Set the Tape) we are launching the next chapter in our story - OMEGA!
We've brought back one of the greatest Doctor Who artists of all time, JOHN RIDGWAY to tell the story of the greatest Doctor Who villain of all time - OMEGA! *and* if that wasn't enough thrill power on it's own, there's a brand new backup strip taking us back to that savage world of beauty, Eden glimpsed in 1979's Nightmare of Eden in THE DEMONS OF EDEN!
Featuring art by the indomitable JOHN RIDGWAY (Doctor Who Voyager, Hellblazer), OMEGA’s mix of the cosmic and mythologic will appeal to fans of The Sandman and Promethea. We have worked closely with original creator BOB BAKER to ensure our exploration of the character is true to Bob and Dave’s vision of Doctor Who's own Galactus.
The story follows revolt on the planet Minyos (expanding the world seen in the 1977 Doctor Who story, 'Underworld'); "Trapped in his black hole prison, Omega is stoking the chaos on Minyos – the key to his freedom. Standing in Omega’s way is Princess Malika - last of the Minyan Royal Family. The fate of Minyos – and the entire universe is in her hands!"
OMEGA's writer, MARK GRIFFITHS is a comedy writer, author, and playwright. From his first commission for Radio 4 at the age of seventeen, he has since written comedy and drama for radio, TV, and stage. His play about Douglas Adams, We Apologise for the Inconvenience is available to purchase from the Cutaway webshop.
OMEGA is in full-colour featuring colouring by Andrew Orton of John Ridgway’s artwork with Issue 1 published in January 2021, and further issues following quarterly.
Beyond the comics, each issue ordered directly from the Cutaway Comics webstore will include an exclusive bonus DVD with the following content planned (subject to COVID-19 measures):
- Specially recorded video interviews with JOHN RIDGWAY and MARK GRIFFITHS
- Archive interviews from the Room 5064 Vault with the great and the good of Doctor Who and BBC television from across the decades
- Scene specific commentary from MARK GRIFFITHS and JOHN RIDGWAY, with writer and artist taking you through the strip page by page
- New audio commentaries on the VAM discs for related classic DOCTOR WHO episodes with key cast and crew moderated by Hollyoaks star and Doctor Who fan ANNIE WALLACE and the BFI's own JUSTIN JOHNSON
- Expect special guests from the THREE DOCTORS, UNDERWORLD and more from the Bob-verse and stories featuring Gallifrey and the ancients, yet to be announced