Paradise Towers Submission - Terms and Conditions
- By entering, entrants agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Entries are open to anyone aged 16 and over, from any country.
- The closing date for the competition is Friday 15th January 2021, 23:59 BST.
- To enter, entrants should submit their interpretation of the spec script for ‘Paradise Towers: Paradise Found’ OR three pages of a similar style, and a biography of any completed work, page rates and lead times for completing pages.
- Submissions are to be emailed to email@example.com. They should be electronic only, and NOT submitted to Cutaway Comics by post, or via social media channels.
- All submissions must include your full name, a contact e-mail address and confirmation they have agreed to the terms and conditions set out here.
- You may only submit one (1) entry to us, and not use a pseudonym to submit multiple entries.
- All accepted submissions will be judged by a panel comprising representatives from Cutaway Comics. The judges will choose one series artist from the submissions, who shall be notified before the end of January 2021. The series artist will be the submission which, in the sole opinion of the judges, is the most relevant for the style and tone of the series.
- Submissions received after the closing date will not be considered. Cutaway Comics is not responsible for illegible, incomplete, delayed or lost submissions.
- The decision of the judges is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize is non-transferable, and no cash alternative or other substitute is available.
- The prize is subject to the winning entrant entering into a contract with Cutaway Comics. This will afford Cutaway Comics an exclusive licence permitting the editing, adapting, publishing and licensing of all or part of the comic in all editions and formats (including print and electronic) in all languages and territories globally. Should entrants not want to grant these rights, they should not enter a submission.
- Events may occur that render the awarding of the contract impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Publisher, and the Publisher may, at its absolute discretion, vary, amend, suspend or withdraw the prize with or without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The entrant of winning submission agrees to Cutaway Comics use of their name, country of residence and photograph in relation to related publicity material and activities. Cutaway Comics may also require the winning entrant to take part in promotional material.
- Cutaway Comics may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms or whose actions, in Cutaway Comics’ determination, are fraudulent, dishonest, criminal or unjust to other entrants.
- Cutaway Comics will use the personal details of entrants only for the purposes of administering the submissions. Submitters consent to the use of their personal data for this purpose. Personal details will not be kept on file by Cutaway Comics.
- Promoter: Cutaway Comics, 46 Venice Court, Samuel Ogden Street, Manchester, M1 7AX
Any queries should be addressed to Cutaway Comics at